The origins and traditions of Bluegrass music hails from the hills of Appalachia. Family & friends gathered wherever they could and laughed, sang & danced to songs of God, love, myths, moonshine & hard times. Grasstime® is on a mission to keep this music and its heritage alive. In 2021 these kindred spirits will gather and continue those traditions.
Same as long ago, when times are tough, music helps us get through the day. We know we aren't alone, and hope that we might have made a moment in your journey a little better.
Thru common bonds the members of Grasstime® found each other in this big old crazy world. They are known for rich harmonies and traditional, hard-driving bluegrass. Each performance is filled with high energy, traditional bluegrass music fun.
In 2015 Dark Horse recording in Nashville, TN partnered with Warner Parks, Full Moon Picking Party to award a $15,000 recording package. 50 bands competed for the fan voted grand prize. The fans spoke and Grasstime won the Stable Sessions recording contest! In 2016 Grasstime® went to the studio to record, self produced CD release date June 2017.
In 2022 the band was delighted to return to the beautiful Arrington Vineyards for the 7th year! New CD was recorded in early 2022 and new material is on the way.
Charles Butler (banjo)
Ellie Hakanson (fiddle)
Jeremy Holt (mandolin, guitar, dobro & vocals)
Wes Horton (upright bass)
Robbie Morris (banjo, guitar & vocals)
High, tight and soulful vocals with sweet multi-part harmonies plus colorful & hard driving bluegrass music.
Its always a good day for Grasstime®! In our short time together we have accomplished a lot!
- 490 Performance dates in 8 years!
- 2023 markmarks the 8th year residence performing at Arrington Vineyards www.arringtonvineyards.com
- 3 X performing at Bluegrass Thursday Night dates at the legendary Ryman Auditorium
- The Fans listened, decided & voted: Popularity contest Winners 12/31/2015 for Darkhorse Studio Stable Sessions Recording. Debut CD released Jun 2017. Sold out 1st pressing of debut CD!
- 2022 new recording at Forty-One Fifteen studio Nashville TN
- 3 years performing at the prestigious Uncle Dave Macon Days Festival.
- has delighted thousands, offended none, forced uncontrollable kinetic energy, made moments extra special, felt love and gratitude from others, made some people cry and various others squeal in delight..